"Motherhood is not a burden to be borne, it is a privilege to be enjoyed. It is not a trial of endurance, it is a time of celebration." Winnie Dalley

8.05.2010

New Treasure


My parents told me about the mormon channel, which is an LDS radio station. It has a really neat program called 'Conversations' which are interviews with prominent LDS figures such as members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and their wives. The most recent one was a conversation with Julie Beck and her daughters. I had the opportunity to listen to it throughout my day today and was totally inspired! I LOVE Julie Beck and her example and testimony and how her love of being a woman strengthens me. It was so neat to hear her daughters thoughts on how their lives have been influenced by their mother, as well as their grandmother. You should totally find the time to listen to it...(even if you have to keep pausing it and listening in segments because of the welcomed distractions of children etc.)

I can't quote her exactly, but I wanted to share some of her thoughts that inspired me.


She was talking about what it means to have a mother heart. She said having a mother heart is when a woman understands her identity and rejoices in being a mother. She said when we are exalted, it is the title of mother that we will hold. Eve was named the mother of all living before she ever bore a child. Every woman, whether she can bear children in this life or not, is destined to be a mother.

Her daughter said one of the things she learned from her mother and grandmother was this..."Mothers are that they might have joy!" I love that! It reminds me of a quote by President Hinckley who said, "Life is to be enjoyed, not endured." I think that goes for motherhood as well. It is to be enjoyed, not endured. Although some days require endurance and are just plain hard, if we rejoice in our divine role, the Lord will show us all of the many things that we can delight in and ENJOY! I love it!

Go to the mormon channel and listen to it! I am so grateful for the example of righteous women. I am so grateful to be part of the Relief Society organization where women can unite together in our divine purpose. What a wonderful time to be alive!

No comments: