"Motherhood is not a burden to be borne, it is a privilege to be enjoyed. It is not a trial of endurance, it is a time of celebration." Winnie Dalley

1.11.2012

Let's Celebrate!

I found this article and totally loved it!  I loved it so much that it inspired me to change the name of my blog because of this quote, "Motherhood is not a burden to be born, it is a privilege to be enjoyed. It is not a trial of endurance, it is a time of celebration."  Let's celebrate, Ladies!
There are many worldly trends in parenting telling us how mothering is just too hard and we need more time for ourselves.  But as women who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, we should rise above these voices and be a voice for the joyous and wonderful blessings of motherhood. There are too many young girls who don't want to have children for fear that it is too hard or that they won't have time to pursue the things that they want.  Often the voices telling them these things are from mothers who can't wait for their kids to get out of the house.  That makes me so sad.  I'm not saying that being a mom isn't hard because it is!  I think it is the hardest thing a woman can do.  But I also believe that it is because it is so hard that it is the best and most fulfilling thing a woman can do- not in spite of the hard things, but because of them. 
Everything that I learn and continue to learn from the scriptures and from prophets and apostles is encouraging and uplifting and it tells me to love and enjoy the role of mother that I have been give.  The gospel teaches me to put my children's need above my own and to find gratitude in doing it.  Sometimes that is hard and it takes work, but by turning to the Lord I do know it is possible to keep His commandment to be grateful in all things.
I could go on an on as I feel passionately about this subject, in case you couldn't tell :) but read this because she puts it so much better than I do.
And have a wonderful day!  I am cheering for all you moms out there who love their role and fulfill it so well!  Let's celebrate!!

1 comment:

jp said...

The BEST quote I've heard about motherhood in a long time! Thanks for sharing! It's the hardest - but the best - job!