"Motherhood is not a burden to be borne, it is a privilege to be enjoyed. It is not a trial of endurance, it is a time of celebration." Winnie Dalley

4.21.2011

Encircled in the Arms of Safety

I am feeling very quiet inside as I have had the opportunity to ponder on the events of the last week of our Savior's mortal ministry. I have been thinking of Him today and studying the agony He endured in Gethsemane this night more than 2,000 years ago. I am overcome with awe at His perfect love. I do not comprehend as a mere mortal how He accomplished the atonement, but I do know that He did. I know that He suffered for every sin and every pain that I have ever felt. I know that because of this, I am free!
"And thus He shall bring salvation to all those who shall believe on His name; this being the intent of this last sacrifice, to bring about the bowels of mercy, which overpowereth justice, and bringeth about means unto men that they may have faith unto repentance. And thus mercy can satisfy the demands of justice, and encircles them in the arms of safety". (Alma 34:15-16)
I know that Jesus Christ is real. I know that it is only through Him that I or anyone can enter back into the presence of our Eternal Father and be happy forever. He is The Way, The Truth, and The Light. He is the Redeemer of all mankind. I am so humbled that He would allow me to take upon myself His name. I truly want to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and to follow Him faithfully forever. I know He lives and I love Him.