"Motherhood is not a burden to be borne, it is a privilege to be enjoyed. It is not a trial of endurance, it is a time of celebration." Winnie Dalley

6.22.2010

Let's Create Optimism!


Do you ever watch the news and think, "What kind of a world am I living in? What kind of a future will my children have?" I think we are all tempted to think that sometimes. But it only takes a second to think about that phrase to realize that that mindset does not come from Heavenly Father. There is a lot that is frightening in the world, but as women who believe in Jesus Christ and strive to follow Him, we are commanded to "Be not afraid, only believe" (Mark 5:36). When I find myself thinking in a state of fear, I turn to the Lord and ask Him to fill me with His spirit, which brings faith and hope and happiness. I am so grateful to be alive at this time on the earth. I am so grateful for the opportunity to raise my children in these the last days that we are living in. What a blessing to have the fulness of the gospel. I love the legacy of optimism that President Gordon B. Hinckley has left on the earth. Here are some of his words of wisdom to us...

"Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I'm suggesting that we accentuate the positive. I'm asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort...I am not suggesting that our conversation be all honey. What I am suggesting and asking is that we turn from the negativism that so permeates our society and look for the remarkable good in the land and times in which we live, that we speak of one another's virtues more than we speak of one another's faults, that optimism replace pessimism.
You are partakers of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel means "good news." The voice of the Lord is a voice of gladness. I do not suggest that you simply put on rosecolored glasses to make the world look rosy. I ask, rather, that you look above and beyond the negative, the critical, the cynical, the doubtful, to the positive...Said the Lord in a dark and troubled hour to those He loved, "Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27).


I am grateful for these inspired words from a Prophet of God. I believe them! I believe that Heavenly Father is in control and that He loves His children and will always bless those who love Him with happiness and peace beyond measure, no matter what is going on in the world. It is a wonderful world that we live in and the greatest time to be alive!

If you feel scared about the world, or the country, watch President Hinckley's full message by clicking on this link:

http://www.byub.org/talks/talk.aspx?id=2105

2 comments:

Laura said...

These words cannot be repeated enough!!
I LOVE THEM!!
By repeating them you have created optimism!!
GOOD JOB!
All day every day we can choose gratitude and or faith over fear.
THANK YOU!!
i love you!

Grammie Star Wars said...

Very uplifting!!!

Thank you.

;.)