"Motherhood is not a burden to be borne, it is a privilege to be enjoyed. It is not a trial of endurance, it is a time of celebration." Winnie Dalley

11.13.2011

Daughters in My Kingdom....aka My New Love

I am seriously IN LOVE with this book.  It has increased my understanding about what Relief Society actually is.  It has increased my love of Relief Society immensely.  It is full of the truth about who we are as women and why we are here and it is also full of examples of women throughout our history who have understood who they are and why they are here and how they accomplished hard and wonderful things.  I am so incredibly grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful that He organized this society of women so that we can remember who we are and so that we can strengthen eachother in fulfilling our purposes.  What a joyous thing it is to be a woman!  I am so grateful that they put this book together now.  In this upside down world, we so need a reminder about what it really means to be a woman....and what a beautiful reminder this book is!  Do you have a copy?  If you don't you can get one from your Relief Society presidency or from the church distribution center.  It is delicious food!!

No comments: