"Motherhood is not a burden to be borne, it is a privilege to be enjoyed. It is not a trial of endurance, it is a time of celebration." Winnie Dalley

11.03.2011

A Moment

I just had a moment...one of those that I don't want to forget.  So I am writing it down.
I went in to comfort my baby girl who woke from her sleep, and as I was holding her close to me, she immediately calmed down and fell right back to sleep.  I just held her and soaked in the feeling of her breath, of her head right under my chin, of her soft and warm body snuggled up against mine...and as I did, I said a prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father for letting me experience this.  And then I could almost see myself talking with my Heavenly Father before I came to earth and being so excited to experience having a family and all that being a mother would entail.  I was filled with gratitude that my Eternal Father loves me so much that He created this earth for me and provided a Savior for me so that I could come down here and experience it all, so that I could learn how to be happy forever by my own experience.  I want to go home and be in a family forever...in His family forever...with my family forever.