"Motherhood is not a burden to be borne, it is a privilege to be enjoyed. It is not a trial of endurance, it is a time of celebration." Winnie Dalley

11.24.2011

I Am Glad For Many Things


I am glad for so very many things today and everyday.  I am so grateful for the quiet whisperings of the Holy Ghost and for the fire that I feel in my heart when He testifies the truth of something to my heart.  I just had such an experience while studying the words of scriptures and living prophets.
I just re-read the section on Visiting Teaching in the book, "Daughters in My Kingdom" and I just love it!  I am so grateful for this inspired program.  What a blessing it is to be able to learn how to love eachother like the Savior loves us.  I was recently assigned a new visiting teaching route.  Upon learning a bit about one of my new ladies, I was frightened and overwhelmed and wondered how I could help her.  After studying more about what Visiting Teaching really is, I am no longer frightened, but so grateful that Heavenly Father would teach me through this wonderful program and give me opportunities to serve and to stretch myself out of my comfort zone.  He is so wise. 
I am grateful to remember the words that President Uchtdorf spoke to us last month: (and it applies so beautifully to visiting teaching)
"My dear sisters, the gospel of Jesus Christ is not an obligation; it is a pathway, marked by our loving Father in Heaven, leading to happiness and peace in this life and glory and inexpressible fulfillment in the life to come.  The gospel is a light that penetrates mortality and illuminates the way before us. 
While understanding the "what" and the "how" of the gospel is necessary, the eternal fire and majesty of the gospel springs from the "why".  When we understand why our Heavenly Father has given us this pattern for living, when we remember why we committed to making it a foundational part of our lives, the gospel ceases to become a burden and, instead, becomes a joy and a delight.  It is precious and sweet....
The "what" and "how" of obedience mark the way and keep us on the right path.  The "why" of obedience sanctifies our actions, tranforming the mundane into the majestic.  it magnifies our small acts of obedience into holy acts of consecration."
I am so so grateful for the gospel.  Truly it is the source of all my happiness.  Everything I have comes from my kind and loving Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful to have a forever family.  I am so grateful for the peace that comes from only from Him.  I wish I was better at expressing in words what I feel in my heart, but my heart is indeed filled with gratitude for a loving, merciful, involved, patient and attentive Father in Heaven.

1 comment:

The Bosh's said...

Mary, you express what is in your heart very eloquently. I too am glad for many things, and one of them is your sweet spirit and your eagerness to share your testimony! Thank you!